Don’t Want to Do Cardio Today?
Try this… Db or Kettlebell swing / Burpee superset
Start at 15 swings and 1 burpee and inverse the number of reps until you reach 1 swing and 15 up downs.
How to perform the exercises:
- Grab a dumbbell or kettlebell and hold with an overhand grip, feet shoulder width apart, knees flexed
- With an arched back and straight arms reach between legs behind your but by flexing at the hip.
- Now explosively extend the hips forcing the weight upward towards chest heigh
- Try to limit the shoulder recruitment by focusing on thrusting the hips forward.
2. Burpee (also known as a squat thrust):
- Drop into a squat position with your hands on the ground.
- Extend your feet back in one quick motion to assume the push up position.
- Begin in a standing position feet shoulder width apart.
- Return to the squat position in one quick motion.
- Return to an upright standing position
- you can also add a pushup for an added challenge.
Try to do complete with little to no rest in between sets. Record your time and try to beat it next time.